Saturday, August 30, 2008

Ashland gets a harness






So last time Ashland went to the store, she was wiggly and just about all over the place. I decided our little girl needed some reining in, so I opted to buy her a harness. I ended up with a cute little red FERRET harness, since every single kitty harness was just WAY too big! The ferret harness fits her wonderfully, so long as it is as small as it goes. I was asked by Ashland's Auntie Kathleen, the wannabe kitten-napper, why I didn't get Ash a pretty pink harness! I would have gotten a more girlie color, had a more girlie color been available!!


So all day long today, Ashland was at the store with us and the dogs. She is definitely the crowd draw! Everyone wanted to see the little baby kitten who was "already" in a harness! The looks we got when we told people Ashland will be 14 weeks old tomorrow, were quite funny at best!


As the day wore on, I task Auntie Kathleen with taking Ashland and finding a toy. After Kathleen showed Ashland many toys that terrorfied poor little Ashland, they finally settled on a cute little blue, pink and grey mouse with this feathery tail! Ash LOVES it, so kudos to Auntie Kathleen!!


We weighed this little girl today, and she tipped the scale at a whopping TWO pounds. I have to weigh her in ounces tonight, as I am not sure teh scale didn't round up her weight. SHe was also wearing her new harness, and a scarf! She is very funny looking, kind of like the blueberry girl in WIlly Wonka, the older version. Her tummy is about the only thing growing these days, but I suppose the rest of her will catch up soon enough!


Ashland is a very picky eater! She will only eat Prescription food, and canned at that! If we give her dry food, she looks at us as if to wonder why we are trying to kill her!! She can eat the dry food, she just doesn't WANT to!! I have to find a way to get her to eat a less expensive cat food, canned or dry, as she is going to have to rob a bank to pay for her own food before long!!

No comments: